LOCATION: WQAD-TV, Moline, Illinois
POSTING DATE: 9/14/12
POSITION: Multi-Media Journalist REPORTS TO: News Director
PURPOSE/REASON FOR THE POSITION: Contribute in any way necessary to the
content gathering and producing for http://www.wqad.com and WQAD-HDTV
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
• Engaging on-air and online personality.
• Ability to write web, text and social-media versions of news stories.
• Ability to shoot and to edit video and sound
• Ability to operate ENG live truck
• Ability to enterprise news stories.
• Ability to write and to interpret broadcast-news copy.
• Ability to report live-breaking news.
• Ability to handle deadline pressure.
• Ability to drive news vehicles when needed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Valid driver’s license
Computer literate (Experience with Final Cut Pro preferred)
Knowledge of Social Media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
1 year television newsroom experience
1 year news reporting/writing experience preferred
4-year college degree preferred
Work under extreme pressure, deadlines and adverse weather conditions.
Desk work, walking and standing
Internal Contacts: External Contacts:
All station personnel General public
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated
with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job
or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel,
work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
If you are interested, apply in writing to: Alan Baker, News Director, WQAD-TV-DT 3003 Park 16th Street,
Moline, Illinois 61265-6061 or e-mail to email@example.com