The range of tech-related jobs is truly amazing. Here’s a company that describes itself as a “contest and campaign platform that enables advertisers’ messages to go viral and gain distribution.” If that appeals to you, to apply or ask a question, contact Nina Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
John N. Frank
Buzzstarter is a fast growing startup based in San Francisco. We work with some of the world’s largest brands to enable their messages to go viral and gain distribution.
Buzzstarter is looking for a Public Relations Manager. As part of the global marketing team, the Public Relations Manager will develop and execute strategic communications programs to build and strengthen Buzzstarter’s role as a disruptive technology company. He or she will develop and implement strategic media plans, as well as provide quality control for our PR, media activities and events. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who is intensely organized and creative, is able to take initiative with minimal direction and has a reputation for making solid decisions.
Our ideal candidate will…
· Come to the company with contacts, as build and maintain new relationships with key press and media in the advertising and agency space.
· Develop press strategy.
· Secure speaking roles for key executives at major industry events
· Provide leadership with reports and updates to help inform senior-level decision-making.
· Perform administrative duties to support the communications department
· Effectively navigate relationships and procedures within Glam Media to enable all of the above.
Requirements and Qualifications:
· BA in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related discipline.
· 1-5 years PR experience, preferably in-house at a consumer-facing tech/media company.
· Deep interest in and understanding of current digital media business landscape.
· Ability to synthesize complex information into succinct, engaging and newsworthy copy.
· Demonstrable expertise in securing a broad range of high-level B2C & B2B media coverage across all platforms.
· Precise attention to detail, strategic thinking, and ability to complete multiple tasks and goals.
Buzzstarter is a contest and campaign platform that enables advertisers’ messages to go viral and gain distribution. A pioneer in the Distribution As A Service (DAAS) space, advertisers establish a campaign on Buzzstarter’s platform, incentivize sharing of a brand relevant message, and in return, they receive an elevated brand image, higher engagement rate, and significant earned media.
We are looking for a Director of Business Development. The ideal candidate is a passionate leader who can develop and implement partnerships and strategies for significant growth while working with some of the world’s largest brands and advertisers.
The ideal candidate will have a strategic and cross-functional outlook, and a proven ability to get deals done.
We’re looking for…
· Business Development:
· Identify, source, manage and grow relationships with online publishers, consumer-facing websites, and technology and data vendors.
· Partner with the Product team to proactively identify opportunities and candidates for new partnerships to drive team goals.
· Define industry and partner segments and needs, identify/scope/size business opportunities, make a compelling case for resources and execute effectively.
· Negotiation & deal-making
· Revenue Growth:
· Drive team revenue and the supporting programs to hit targets.
· Work with Finance, Accounting, Product Management and Senior Management to set appropriate targets and drive results.
· Build and manage a team to peak performance and delivery.
· Are experienced in one or more of the following areas: business strategy, business development, Internet marketing.
· Have 1-3 years of experience selling into Fortune 500 companies or SMBs
· Have a proven track record in growing complex business partnerships that involve product integration revenue and data-driven decision making.
· Are a team player – we’re firm believers that the harder you work, the more fun you need to have. You’ll be expected to jump in as needed on a variety of company projects and initiatives.
· Have a Bachelor’s degree, graduate degree (MBA/JD preferred)
· Are San Francisco based, but are willing to travel for business.