This just came to my e-mail via an alumni listserv, sounds like it would be an amazing job in an amazing place, historic St. Bart’s church in New York. Good luck and always be job hunting.
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
The Communications Director is responsible for all congregational and public relations communications activities and products of the church. The Director is responsible for managing and coordinating the overall functions of the communications departments for the parish and its ministries. Its purpose is to extend the reach of St Bart’s to the greater NYC area and the larger world as a church that is leading the way, by applying creative direction and contemporary communications practices in all media. The Director of Communications will report directly to the Chief Administrative Officer.
• Manage, create, and maintain the e-communications for the eNews weekly for the church and the Rector; Press for both online and print PR purposes (music, development, special events), primary contact for all related inquiries and calls; eBlasts for Children, Youth and Family Ministries, Development, Music and Rector’s office
• Creative Director and Webmaster for stbarts.org, director of design, responsible for ongoing maintenance and education utilization of content management systems
• Manage the BRAND across all media, advise about the BRAND both internally and externally
• Director of print communications, flyers, brochures for all departments, and annual report
• Provide all internal and external signage and banners for weekly forum, signs for services and special events
• Manage/supervise staff, including working collaboratively with people at all levels.
• Perform any other duties as assigned
• Expertise in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, CMS and Web HTML development
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, graphic arts or related field with knowledge of website management preferred
• 3-5 years of related supervisory experience
• Successful time-management, organizational and attention to detail skills
• Positive attitude and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Go to: http://www.stbarts.org to apply.